Amy L. Arndt
Ballard Spahr LLP
101 South Reid Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57103-7030
Amy has significant experience advising privately held companies on private offerings/placements and finance, corporate governance, disclosure matters, mergers and acquisition transactions, and asset acquisitions and divestitures. She acts as outside general counsel to clients advising on various matters including formation, shareholder agreements, and internal corporate structuring.
- Representing major manufacturers pertaining to sales and management structuring, underlying capitalization matters and general Board governance
- Advising lending clients and financial institutions in originating, structuring, documenting and negotiating financing transactions, inclusive of co-lender arrangements pertaining to sales of businesses, real estate and other transactional finance matters
- Representing lenders pertaining to foreclosures and workouts prior to litigation involving agricultural property, business assets and commercial real estate property
- Negotiating dealer contracts nationwide for one of the world’s largest manufacturers of fire apparatus
- Advising a public utility in financing and rate cases
- Advising various start-ups and private equity companies pertaining to equity financing options, private equity offerings and overall structure and governance matters
- Advising the estate of a prominent real estate developer in the sale, reorganization, and refinancing of 65 business entities, including a restaurant chain and a casino
- Assisting the owners of a full-service property management, real estate, construction and development company with a portfolio of more than 2,500 apartment units, premier office and retail centers, in a partnership separation involving 12 separate entities of the company
From entity formation, capital raising, and regulatory compliance to sophisticated mergers, acquisitions, and other liquidity events, our business and transactions legal work spans corporate life cycles and industries. Our attorneys’ industry perspective, knowledge of regulatory regimes and agencies, and legal skill enable them to identify and address issues before they become obstacles.
Our clients range from innovative start-ups and funds to Fortune 100 companies—and many have been with us since their beginnings. We work with them as strategic partners—taking the time to learn the intricacies of their businesses and understand their short- and long-term goals, position in the marketplace, and tolerance for risk. Then we guide them to the most effective execution of business initiatives within the legal and regulatory parameters of their financial and investment activities. In this era of rapid technological advances, we pay close attention to security concerns and advise on safeguarding information and compliance with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
With more than 180 attorneys in offices across the country, Ballard Spahr has the national practice depth and talent to handle the most challenging and complex business law challenges. We know when to aggressively advocate a position and when to recommend a creative compromise that gets the deal closed quickly and still accomplishes our client’s ultimate objectives.
Our clients range from large public companies and privately held corporations to government agencies and nonprofit organizations. We provide counseling and advocacy in more than 40 areas within intellectual property, litigation, business and finance, real estate, and public finance.