Colleen Pleasant Kline
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
100 S. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Colleen Pleasant Kline serves as outside general corporate counsel and advisor to clients ranging from business owners to entrepreneurs, including their officers, directors, and shareholders, for entities of all sizes covering a broad range of legal and business issues.
Ms. Pleasant Kline’s corporate experience includes mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and private placements and encompasses the more complex issues surrounding angel investment, venture capital financings, and leveraged recapitalizations. Her diverse client base includes privately held companies, portfolio companies, private equity firms, American subsidiaries of foreign owned entities and public companies, government contractors, manufacturers, distributors, and real estate entities.
Ms. Pleasant Kline advises privately held companies on all corporate legal matters related to the entire life cycle of their business including:
- General corporate governance
- Business succession plans
- Growth, financing and recapitalization
- Internal owner disputes
- Partnership dissolution as well as other exit strategies
- Mergers and acquisitions
In the area of mergers and acquisitions, Ms. Pleasant Kline acts as counsel for buyers and sellers in transactions of both privately and publicly held industries of up to $250 million. Past and present industries represented include:
- Construction and Construction related services
- Government contractors
- Industries co-owned by foreign and domestic parties
- Professional Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Transportation and Logistics
- Waste and Recycling
Our corporate and securities team is flexible, solutions-oriented, and works with you to help your company achieve its business goals and growth objectives.
- Our clients include start-ups, family businesses, smaller reporting companies, large private companies with hundreds of shareholders, large public companies, institutional investors, corporate investors, private equity funds, and venture capital funds.
- We work closely with in-house counsel and also serve as outside general counsel to public and private companies.
- Our corporate attorneys include former in-house counsel and C-level executives, compliance officers, and SEC and other governmental regulators.
Geographic location and scale for cost-efficient deal execution:
- 200+ corporate attorneys
- 150+ private equity, venture capital, and angel financing transactions annually (2013-2018)
- 160+ mergers and acquisitions in past two years (deal value ranged from $10 million – $1 billion+)
- Securities offerings, SEC reports, NASDAQ & NYSE listings and compliance
- Buy and sell-side transactions, carve-outs, private equity buy-outs, roll-ups, spin-offs
Our staffing models, office locations, and philosophy and flexibility in structuring client relationships and fees enable us to create solutions designed to drive business value to our clients.
Nelson Mullins is a diversified law firm of more than 800 attorneys, policy advisors, and professionals across 25 offices serving clients in more than 100 practice areas.
- Our litigators are trial lawyers, serving Fortune 200 clients, litigating high-stakes matters, and participating on national and virtual trial teams.
- Our corporate and transactional teams provide high quality corporate, securities, finance, venture capital, commercial real estate, real estate capital markets, and technology services.
- Our government relations team serves clients at the federal, state and local levels and includes former high-ranking government officials.
- Our intellectual property group has been recognized nationally for IP litigation and provides a full-range of IP services for clients across industry sectors.
- Our Nelson Mullins Encompass team is a dedicated practice group that provides integrated e-discovery and information governance services to clients on a flexible and scalable basis, serving as Enterprise E-Discovery Counsel for Fortune 200 clients and empowering focused and defensible strategies with law firm accountability.
Together, we serve as trusted advisors to clients across a range of business sectors with client relationship fundamentals of quality, dependability, solution-oriented service and value.