3131 McKinney Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75204
Matthew Zucker is the department chair of Wick Phillips’ corporate section, which consists of the mergers and acquisitions, finance, and funds formation and advisory practice groups.
He regularly represents a wide variety of public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, equity and debt offerings and commercial lending. He also counsels companies on corporate governance, securities law disclosure and compliance, and corporate strategy.
Matthew has represented companies both domestically and internationally in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, telecommunications, financial services, technology, real estate, retail, healthcare, transportation and media.
Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Matthew practiced in the Dallas office of Baker Botts L.L.P. and the New York office of Kelley Drye & Warren LLP.
- State University of New York at Buffalo (B.A., Economics, Geography & Judaic Studies, cum laude, 2000)
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- District Of Columbia
- New York
- Sale of the worldwide interactive entertainment division of a multinational IT enabled service and BPO company to a Japanese entertainment software maker
- Sale of one of the largest privately-held multi-regional integrated telecommunications solutions providers in the United States to a leading public IP infrastructure and services company
- Joint venture between the U.S. securities division of a leading independent financial advisory group and a full service merchant and investment banking firm
- Acquisition of a specialist provider of cyber and network security solutions by a global digital security company
- Acquisition of a cement plant by a leading provider of building materials
- Acquisition of a U.S.-based medical billing company by an India-based medical billing company
- Sale of a U.S.-based executive suites company to an international competitor
- Various merger and acquisition transactions and financings by a leading public digital cinema services, software and content marketing and distribution company
- Sale of a leading U.S. processor and distributor of premium seafood and frozen bagged convenience meals to a leading private investment firm through a 363 bankruptcy sale
- $350 million senior debt offering and refinancing of a $750 million credit facility by a publicly traded specialty chemical company
- Acquisition of a leading wholesale supplier of industrial gases in the United States by the U.S. subsidiary of a public Japanese industrial gas company
- Holding company reorganization, $700 million “double-dummy” acquisition and refinancing of a $570 million credit facility, including international aspects of collateralization of the new credit facility, by a public graphite electrode manufacturing company
- Acquisition of an Ireland-based software provider by a leading U.S.-based software provider
- Acquisition of a publicly traded steel company and $300 million in related debt financing by a special-purpose acquisition company
Details matter in business transactions, and our transactional lawyers know how to manage transactions for our clients to successful completion, minimize their risks, and save them time and money in the process. Whether the challenge is a routine matter or a complex acquisition, loan facility or securities offering, our goal is to provide every client with efficient and effective advice throughout the transaction to help achieve the goals of the business.
Our corporate and finance attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of business transactions, including:
- Corporate Reorganizations and Recapitalizations
- Entity Formation and Structuring (Including Investment Funds)
- Equity and Debt Financings
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Divestitures, and Asset Sales
- Partnership Law
- Pre-Litigation and Corporate Counseling
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments
- Public Securities Offerings and Private Placements
- Securities Compliance Matters
Our corporate attorneys have represented and counseled a broad spectrum of clients, including local companies and individuals, Fortune 500 companies, start-up companies, institutional investors, leaders, investment funds and their sponsors, and investment, merchant, and buyout firms.
Wick Phillips is a full-service business law firm serving clients across Texas and the United States. Founded in 2004, the firm has grown to more than 80 attorneys with offices in Austin, Dallas and Fort Worth. The partners of the firm joined Wick Phillips after gaining valuable experience at large law firms, bringing a wealth of knowledge and insight with them to our clients. Through turbulent economic times that saw many firms shrink or fail, Wick Phillips has flourished proving the firm’s purpose-driven approach to practicing law has real value to clients.
Wick Phillips serves businesses in a broad range of industries. The firm has provided legal services to businesses in banking and finance, commercial and residential real estate, construction and development, retail, restaurants, franchising, professional services, securities and investments, utilities, insurance, healthcare, product manufacturers, oil and gas, timber, water and other natural resources, and many more. As a result, the firm has developed relationships with a number of Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-up ventures, medical practices, limited liability partnerships, franchises, and other businesses throughout the United States.
Today, more than ever, it is important for clients to trust their legal advisors. Our experience, creativity, and work ethic have brought us many trusted and long-standing relationships. We measure our success by our clients’ satisfaction with the services we provide. Often, our clients have different goals and seek different outcomes. They do not come to us because they want to, but because they need to. We listen and focus on understanding their goals. We flex to make it easy for them to work with us, and then set about using the law to meet their goals; in essence, to practice Law with Purpose®.