Nora K. Brunelle
215 South State Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Nora assists clients with incentive equity arrangements, management structuring, buy-sell arrangements, corporate reorganizations, venture capital, debt and equity financing, private placement offerings, and all levels of deal-making, from negotiation of the letter of intent through closing. She regularly negotiates and drafts licensing and distribution agreements, SaaS contracts, corporate sponsorship arrangements, and a full array of commercial agreements from supply contracts through complex managed services agreements.
Nora provides counsel on structuring, documenting, and avoiding disputes and legal pitfalls with all stakeholders in a business: investors, customers, and personnel. Nora advises companies in a variety of industries but works most regularly with biotechnology, logistics, managed services, and software companies. Her focus is on providing targeted, efficient legal counsel with the aim of avoiding unnecessary litigation and maximizing company value.
Nora graduated summa cum laude from the University of Utah law school, where she founded and served as president of the Business Law Society and was Managing Editor of the Utah Law Review.
Nora has more than a decade of experience at Fabian VanCott, and has served on its board of directors.
- Ninety Million Dollar Sale of Private Business: Nora was part of the Fabian VanCott legal team representing the seller in an asset acquisition of a drilling business by an international, publicly traded company.
- Largest Series A Financing in Utah History: Nora was instrumental in assisting a biotechnology company in the Phase 1 clinical stage to acquire substantial financing from international venture capital sources in Utah’s largest Series A Financing.
- Technology Start-Ups: Nora has assisted numerous start-up technology companies in the internet, biotechnology, GPS, and medical industries. Her work in this area includes business planning, entity formation, initial financings, and a variety of commercial transactions.
Fabian VanCott provides high value legal advice to business clients at every stage of the business life cycle, from the initial business planning to the sale or transition of the business. We help our clients structure the ownership and management of their business and close deals with their customers and business partners in a tax-efficient manner that avoids costly legal pitfalls. Fabian VanCott’s clients range from small, single-owner businesses to multinational corporations, and our corporate attorneys regularly advise our clients with transactions of every size on a variety of matters, including:
- Business Planning
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Commercial Agreements
- Contract Negotiation, Review and Drafting
- Corporate Governance
- Debt and Equity Finance
- Entity Formation and Structuring
- Exit Transactions and Sales
- Incentive Equity and Options
- International and Cross-Border Transactions
- Licensing Arrangements
- Limited Liability Companies
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Minority Owner Disputes
- Personnel and Management
- Private Placement Offerings
- Regulatory Compliance
- Securities Compliance
- Secured and Unsecured Credit
- Tax Planning
Formed from the union of Fabian Clendenin and Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy, Fabian VanCott is one of the western region’s most powerful law practices. The alliance of the two firms was established in 2015, built on more than 200 combined years of foundational knowledge, and unwavering principles and values. With roots dating back to the late 1800s, Fabian VanCott has solidified prominence in the business and legal community by representing many of the largest organizations in the Intermountain West at the forefront of their industries. Employing the legal expertise and diversity of more than 70 attorneys in Salt Lake and Las Vegas, Fabian VanCott provides a national clientele with business and litigation counsel in more than a dozen areas of practice.
Fabian had its origins out of the First World War, and VanCott traces its history back almost 150 years. From historically interesting clients and issues, like representing the Rockefellers in helping to create Teton National Park and handling the resolution of the Estate of Brigham Young, to current socially important matters like the Crandall Canyon Mine disaster, we have been, and will continue to be, an integral part of this community.
We are excited about the expansion of Fabian with the inclusion of many fine VanCott attorneys. These are two storied, local firms joining together to better serve our clients and the local market. This union represents an expansion of practice areas at Fabian VanCott, as well as greater depth in the areas we already serve.