Roger J. Brothers
Brothers Smith LLP
2033 N Main Street, Suite 720
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Roger Brothers is a co-founding partner of Brothers Smith LLP and a graduate of the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific (J.D. 1984). He attended California State University, Hayward, receiving his B.A. in 1980 and was accepted to the California State Bar in 1985.
Mr. Brothers is a business and real estate attorney whose practice includes:
- General counsel services, including corporate counsel, business and succession planning and debt and equity financing.
- Transactional counsel services, including mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and operation, reorganizations and general commercial transactions.
- Risk management services, including business/corporate litigation, construction litigation, real estate litigation, commercial landlord-tenant litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Real estate transactional counsel services, including purchase and sale of commercial real property, commercial leasing and related transactions.
Mr. Brothers also serves as mediator in disputes involving business, real estate and construction matters.
Mr. Brothers has authored business law articles including, “Acting as Counsel for Small Corporations” and “SOX Coming to a Privately Held Corporation Near You”, “Limiting the Adverse Effects of Employee Competition Following California’s Invalidation of Non-Competition Agreements”, “Succession/Exit Planning Issues and Considerations” and “Top Ten Succession Planning Considerations and Issues for Professionals.”
Mr. Brothers has also been recognized in the respected legal publication of Northern California Super Lawyers for the years 2016-2022.
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- State Bar of California
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (Corporate Counsel/Business Attorneys, board member, Real Estate and ADR Sections)
- San Joaquin County Bar Association (Business and Litigation Sections)
- Solano County Bar Association
- Primerus Business Law Institute (board member)
The firm’s business attorneys assist clients in the entire range of business activities, from helping new companies in Walnut Creek with business formation and governance through business transfer and dissolution. For start-ups, we advise on appropriate entity selection and domicile (California or elsewhere) and help to resolve and document issues and agreements among owners.
Brothers Smith can help any size business, we counsel on appropriate procedures for raising capital, dealing with employees, compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, preservation of intellectual property rights and the negotiation and performance of commercial transactions. Our Walnut Creek business lawyers also represent financial institutions and advise them in all aspects of regulatory compliance.
Our Walnut Creek business attorneys, we counsel and represent individuals and entities in the areas of franchising, succession planning and mergers and acquisitions and in the transfer of business interests to family members, other owners and third parties.
The law firm of Brothers Smith provides cutting edge, responsive, and results-oriented legal counsel across a diverse range of issues and opportunities affecting businesses and individuals. Located in Walnut Creek, California, we counsel our clients with prompt, innovative, and cost-effective strategies on a variety of litigation, business, taxation, and estate planning matters.
Our goal is to obtain the results desired by our clients as efficiently as possible. We approach each matter from the client’s perspective, always mindful that what businesses and individuals want are prompt and pragmatic solutions, without sacrificing quality or attention to detail. We ensure that our clients are informed, and invite them to be active participants in their legal matters.
We appreciate that a legal dispute may, unfortunately, be an expensive, time-consuming distraction from our clients’ lives and businesses. Thus, we strive to achieve superior outcomes for our clients without sacrificing our commitment to the highest standards.