Sean P. Callan
Manley Burke LPA
225 West Court Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Sean’s practice areas include corporate law, commercial real estate law, zoning and land use law and litigation, including administrative hearings before planning commissions, boards of zoning appeals, and taxing authorities. Sean is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale.com, the highest possible peer review rating available.
In the corporate world, Sean advises closely held for-profit companies as well as non-profit and tax exempt entities. His advice covers a broad spectrum of issues including corporate governance, corporate “best practices”, mergers and acquisitions, employment issues, grant-making and maintaining tax-exempt status.
In the commercial real estate arena, Sean advises owners and developers on the full range of issues confronting them from initial land acquisition, through permitting and right-to-build challenges, to financing, leasing, and ultimately disposition. Sean frequently speaks and writes on real estate issues, and is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in both Real Estate Law and Land Use and Zoning Law.
Finally, Sean represents clients in the courtroom and before administrative agencies. He has litigated a variety of cases including contract disputes, boundary and real estate disputes, probate and estate disputes, franchise disputes, and land use and zoning disputes. He is recognized for litigation as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Top Trial Lawyers in America.
On an administrative level, Sean represents clients at planning commissions and boards of zoning appeal throughout Ohio and northern Kentucky. He also represents property owners before taxing authorities in Ohio and Kentucky including county Boards of Revision and the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals. This broad and long litigation experience enhances Sean’s handling of corporate transactional matters and real estate law.
- 1993, J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law (Order of the Coif)
- 1990, B.A., Dartmouth College (Graduated with honors)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Pro Hac Vice admissions in various Indiana counties
- Pro Hac Vice admissions in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Missouri
- hazingprevention.org – Board of Directors (2013 – present)
- Hamilton County Republican Party –Member, Central Committee (2006-2014, 2018-present), Member, Executive Committee (2011-2014)
- Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center, Cincinnati – Board of Directors, 2005-2009
- Ohio Bar Association Mentor, 2013 – present
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Alpha Chi Alpha Fraternity – Member
- Alpha Chi Alpha Alumni –Board Member
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International – Member
Our deep experience allows us to give you legal advice that is forged by keen awareness of your business situation. You won’t just get the legal answer to your business question, you’ll get the right answer for you and your company. We can help your business:
- Write, review and revise organic corporate documents such as articles, bylaws and policies
- Corporate governance
- Risk management and compliance
- Fiduciary advice
- Board “boot camp” for new board members
- Advanced board advice and training for seasoned board members
- Crisis management
- Day-to-day transactional matters
- Large transactional matters including re-organizations
- Mergers and acquisitions
Every legal situation is unique and requires a customized strategy and tactics to successfully resolve. Given our decades of corporate experience, you can rest easy knowing that we can handle any issue that may arise.
The Cincinnati, Ohio based law firm of Manley Burke comprises a team of leading professionals who work together in selected areas of the law to solve our clients’ legal problems. We serve each client with an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality legal representation.
Our work frequently involves complex transactions and matters affecting substantial human or financial stakes. We regularly engage in courtroom litigation, as well as administrative and legislative proceedings. While litigation is by nature adversarial, we approach complex problems by remaining flexible to negotiated resolutions. Our combination of skilled advocacy, high quality representation, and flexibility toward negotiated resolutions frequently produces better and more efficient results than can be produced through protracted adversarial proceedings.
In addition, Manley Burke publishes a nationally circulated newsletter entitled Fraternal Law which stems from our representation of fraternal organizations nationwide, both as general and special counsel. In addition to our legal work, Manley Burke takes great pride in our active and enthusiastic involvement in a wide variety of public affairs and community service activities.